Basic Prenatal - 90 Capsules
Pre-conception, pregnancy, and nursing are critical times to optimize a mother's health and nutrition, which is important for both for mom and baby. Overall nutritional and caloric needs greatly increase during this time. However, it is often difficult for a woman to fulfill her daily nutrient needs through diet alone.
Thorne’s Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding in mind.* Our formula contains well-absorbed, tissue-ready vitamins and minerals that are gentle on the stomach and non-constipating.*
Benefits of Thorne’s Basic Prenatal at each stage:
- Daily multi-vitamin/mineral support for a woman of childbearing age.
- Provides beneficial nutrients that are important from the moment of conception.
- Folate facilitates healthy brain and spinal cord development.* Basic Prenatal includes the bioactive form of folate – 5-MTHF.
- Vitamins C, B6, and K have been shown to benefit “morning sickness.”*
- Choline supports development of baby’s brain and nervous system.*
- Contains the well-absorbed and well-researched iron bisglycinate to meet a pregnant woman’s increased need for iron.
- Provides the extra nutrients needed for continued healthy fetal development and to prepare mom and baby for birth.*
After Pregnancy through Nursing
- Nutritional support for increased demand for calcium and vitamin D in the diet.
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
- Biotin 50 mcg
- Boron (Glycinate Complex) 1 mg
- Calcium (Citrate) 90 mg
- Calcium (Malate) 90 mg
- Choline (Citrate) 110 mg
- Chromium (Nicotinate Glycinate) 100 mcg
- Copper (Bisglycinate) 2 mg
- Folate (L-5-MTHF) 1.7 mg DFE
- Iodine (Potassium Iodide) 150 mcg
- Iron (Bisglycinate) 45 mg
- Magnesium (Citrate) 45 mg
- Magnesium (Malate) 45 mg
- Manganese (Bisglycinate Chelate) 5 mg
- Selenium (Selenomethionine) 50 mcg
- Vitamin A (Beta carotene) 450 mcg
- Vitamin A (Palmitate) 600 mcg
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) 5 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 200 mcg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 5 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) 30 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) 18 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate) 12 mg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 150 mg
- Vitamin D3 25 mcg
- Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl) 33.5 mg
- Vitamin K1 100 mcg
- Zinc (Bisglycinate Chelate) 25 mg
Other Ingredients: Calcium Laurate, Hypromellose Capsule.
Take 3 capsules daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Iodine may occasionally cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
As vitamin K interferes with the effect of anticoagulant drugs (like Coumadin), the concurrent use of these agents should be avoided.
5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under six.
Keep this product out of reach of children.
In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
Vitamin C can cause diarrhea in some individuals in large doses, which can vary from person to person and resolves when the amount is reduced.